Ingredients:
1 lb Chicken breast or thigh ( adjust for your family)
1 can Black Beans or however much you want i did about half a package of dried cooked beans
Corn ( frozen or canned)
Diced Green chilis ( i used 2 cans)
Whole onion chopped
2 cups chicken broth or mix with your water
Stewed tomatoes
Salt Pepper Garlic
Cumin
Chili Pepper
Onion Powder
I roasted my chicken breast I had a whole chicken breast only used one half for the chili. Again Adjust for your Family, Saved the other half.
If you roast 450 Season and drizzle with olive oil wrap in foil lined pan for 17 min per side until temp reaches 165 then let rest for 10 min very juicy.
In a Pot put the Chicken broth, the Can of tomatoes ( I had my fresh tomatoes i canned) and the Onion let it start to heat up then add the Beans ( if you make your own beans do that in the morning Quick soak). then add the chicken the diced chilis and corn chili powder however much you like, bring to a boil and cook down for a bit. I then placed in my crock pot for a few hours on High. It smelled amazing and tasted so good. Made some cornbread and then enjoyed.
Hugs and love

No comments:
Post a Comment